The Minnesota Lake cabins of Deer Ridge Resort are completely modern, with fully equipped housekeeping kitchens and bathrooms. Guests need only bring their bath and dish towels, and be ready to relax! Our cabins are modern and new with many updates over the last 3 years and units that sleep from 2 to 8 people. As your hosts, you’ll find us friendly and ready to help create your perfect Minnesota resort vacation! No smoking is allowed inside of cabins. Pets are welcome and no additional pet fee!
Cabin rentals at Deer Ridge Resort are normally Saturday to Saturday, but please call for short term availability. Check in is after 3:00 p.m., with check out by 9:00 a.m. A deposit of 30% of the cabin rental fee (minimum $300) per week per cabin is required to secure reservation. Cabins are held until 12:00 midnight the day of check-in, unless other arrangements are made. If you’ll be checking in after 6:00 p.m., just let us know so we can leave a light on for you.
We will rent for less than full weeks. One, two, three days are OK with us. Some restrictions may apply.
All cabins are non-smoking.
We do NOT charge a separate service fee. Our rate is our rate plus tax.
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in campground and resort activities, and for other goods and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence White Iron Beach Resort and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as \"Releasees\"), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that participating in campground and resort activities involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional inquiry, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, broken bones, torn ligaments or other injuries as a result of falls, burns from campfires; downing in pools or other bodies of water; falls from play equipment or caused by uneven surfaces; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damage during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
CABIN RENTAL AGREEMENT
CHECK-IN time is 3:00 pm.
CHECK-OUT time is 9:00 am.
This Agreement is a legally binding contract between the Cabin Guest and Deer Ridge Resort. Cabin Guest acknowledges he/she has read and understands the terms of this Agreement and agrees to and accepts all of the terms provided herein.
1) CABIN GUEST: Cabin Guest confirms that he/she is at least 21 years of age, or older. Cabin Guest confirms that at least one guest who is at least 21 years of age or older will occupy the guest cabin throughout the rental period.
2) PROPERTY DAMAGE: Cabin Guest acknowledges and understands that he/she is financially responsible for any and all property damage that may occur anywhere on the resort property during the stated rental period caused by Cabin Guest of any family member or guest of Cabin Guest.
3) SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A deposit equal to 30% of the cabin rental fee (minimum $300) to secure your reservation. Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to scheduled stay are eligible for full deposit refund, less $25 service fee. Cancellations less than 30 days prior to arrival date will forfeit deposit unless the unit is re-booked for same time period by another party. You are responsible for the entire time and space booked once your reservation is within the 30 cancellation period. Groups renting 3 cabins or more are subject to pre payment of 100% of rental fee 30 days prior to arrival with refund only upon re renting of unit for same time period and at same rate. Cabin Guest agrees to leave the guest cabin and resort property in the same general clean and undamaged condition it was when Cabin Guest arrived, reasonable wear and tear accepted. This includes but is not limited to cabins, furniture, appliances, boats, motors (including props). Cabin Guest is responsible for any damage, excessive cleanup requirements, or other loss caused by Cabin Guest or any family member of guest of Cabin guest during the stated rental period. Deer Ridge Resort reserves the right to further bill Cabin Guest for additional cleaning or repairs.
4) DISPUTES: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be venued in Lake County District Court, Minnesota.
5) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Cabin Guest agrees that the guest cabin shall be occupied by no more than the maximum number of guests stated by Deer Ridge Resort for the rental of said guest cabin. Occupancy is limited to registered guests only. Occupancy by more than the stated number of guests will result in the termination of the rental and the forfeiture of all rental fees and deposits.
6) RESORT POLICIES: Cabin Guest and all members of the Cabin Guest's party, including family members and guests, shall abide by the specific policies governing the resort, specifically including the Policies posted on the Deer Ridge Resort website. In the event of a breach of this Agreement or the Policies, White Iron Beach Resort reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and, in such event, Cabin Guest shall not be entitled to a refund of any rental fees.
7) DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS: Deposits must be received no later than 30 days prior to the stated arrival date. Payment in full is due at check-in. A $35.00 service charge will be incurred for all returned checks.
8) CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIME: Cabin Guest acknowledges and understands that check-in time is no earlier than 3:00PM. Check-out time is no later than 9:00AM on the departure date stated above. Housekeeping needs adequate time to prepare the guest cabin for the next guests. If any member of the Cabin Guest's party does not depart by the stated check-out time without permission, Cabin Guest will be charged an additional fee of $50.00 per hour.
9) NO FIREARMS -NO FIREWORKS - No firearms, fireworks or ATVs are permitted anywhere on the resort property. The resort property shall not be occupied or used in any manner such as to place persons or property in danger of injury or damage or in any manner that may disturb and/or offend other guests. Deer Ridge Resort reserves the right to require loud or unruly guests to vacate the resort property immediately and terminate this Agreement. In such event, Deer Ridge Resort shall not refund any rental fees.
10) EARLY DEPARTURE/LATE ARRIVAL POLICY: No refunds will be made for early departures or delayed arrivals. No refunds or schedule changes will be made due to inclement weather.
11) PETS: Quiet, well-behaved pets are welcome at Deer Ridge Resort. Pets must be leashed or under voice command and control at all times. Noisy, disruptive pets or those exhibiting anti-social behavior are not acceptable and will not be permitted. Deer Ridge Resort reserves the right to require guests with pets in violation of this policy to vacate the resort property and terminate this Agreement. In such event, Deer Ridge Resort shall not refund any rental fees.
12) NO SMOKING: All guest cabins are non-smoking. If any member of the rental party, or guest of the rental party, smokes inside the cabin an additional cleaning fee will be applied to your reservation. The entire guest cabin is designated as a No Smoking Area.
13) WILDLIFE/WILDERNESS: Deer Ridge Resort is located in Northern Minnesota on Garden Lake near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. As such, you are likely to encounter wildlife (deer, bears, raccoons, snakes and bugs of various types, etc.) and wilderness terrain (water, rocks, poisonous plants, etc.).Deer Ridge Resort is not responsible for any injury caused by said wildlife or wilderness terrain.
14) HOLD HARMLESS: Cabin Guest acknowledges and understands that each and every guest at Deer Ridge Resort is solely responsible for any accident or injury to any person while in-residence, and that Deer Ridge Resort accepts NO legal or financial responsibility for such accidents or injuries. Cabin guests, and guardians of minors or incapacitated persons, assume all risk of injury or other loss resulting from any recreational activity and will hold Deer Ridge Resort harmless with respect thereto. Cabin Guest hereby agrees to indemnify and hold White Iron Beach Resort, its owners, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, including those of third parties, arising out of or in any way a result of the occupancy and use of the resort property by Guest, and his/her family members and guests, unless caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of said parties.
15) LOSS OF PERSONAL ITEMS: Cabin Guest acknowledges and understands that Deer Ridge Resort is not responsible for lost or stolen items of personal property. Deer Ridge Resort will use its best efforts to return any lost or forgotten items. Shipping expenses shall be paid by Cabin Guest.
16) Noise and Disturbance: All guests are required to respect the property and space of all other guests. Noise and disturbance between 10:00PM and 8:00AM must be limited as to not disturb other guests or property owners on or around the resort property.
By signing this document I agree to hold myself and all persons staying overnight or for the day or using rental equipment to all the above as it may apply to renting a cabin and or equipment.
Thank you in advance and we look forward to seeing you!
Chad Davis- Owner/Operator
The Davis Group Inc.